Monday 22 April 2013

18th April 2013 Meeting - a Special Day

First of all, on 18th April 2013 was an extra special day for me as a chartered member of Sunway University Toastmasters Club. I have to say, the experiences of being a part of this club never fails to bring me smiles at the end of the day. 

What I learned from this meeting is  - to take a risk to develop yourself.

I have given an opportunity of being the Toastmaster's of the Evening. I did not hesitated of taking such a challenging role, but what I realize was that I was chosen at the very last minute. I did not prepare anything, but just asking few other members on this particular role. Honestly, I was nervous that I would mess up  being the Toastmasters of the Evening, but well I end up taking it as a challenge. Lesson of being a good emcee, is to be yourself and let the audience connect with you personally.

 
The next amazing episode of our meeting on the 18th April is that we celebrated Mr. Victor's Birthday! It was a surprise we made during our 10 mins break session. All the members and audience sang the birthday song, and trust me we did left Mr.Victor being speechless. At a moment there, I can see that he was blushed and flattered.  The Tiramisu cake was amazing :)



HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MR.VICTOR ONG

The meeting was amazing and many new audience turned up. Here are some pictures of the meeting.


ASSIGNMENT SPEAKERS


CC#5 : Silly McGenti - Nawal Lyana 


CC#1: This is just the beginng - Jiet Er


CC#7: Rocks and Monkeys - Timothy Nakayama



CC#9: The greatest gift of all - Dr Nagiah


CC#7: Woof - Marilyn Lai


 MOMENT OF TRUTH ?





BEST EVALUATOR, BEST TABLE TOPIC 
BEST SPEAKER & GENERAL EVALUATOR


Best Evaluator - Mayyapa



Best Table Topic Speaker - Albert

General Evaluator - Hj. Hashim

Overall - The meeting had brought me not just smile but courage in hand. 
Goodnight  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment